Last Updated: May 9, 2023
- “CGI” - Cognitive GeoInterpretation Inc.
- “Site” - https://interpretation.ai/the website located at https://interpretation.ai. This is the page which does not require a visitor to login.
- “IAI Platform” - This is the actual interpretation tool which requires a user to login with their email and password. The login for this is found at https://interpretation.ai/.
Please read this privacy notice carefully, as it will help you understand what we do with the information we collect.
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- Is your information transferred internationally?
- How do we keep your information safe?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies?
- Privacy policies of other websites
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
- How to contact us
What data do we collect?
The Site or the IAI Platform may automatically collect information from the computer or mobile device used to access the Site or the IAI Platform or we may collect information you provide us. The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with the Site or IAI Platform, the choices you make, and the features you use.
Personal Information Provided by You. We collect personal information that you provide to us when you either fill out the contact form or when you participate in using the IAI Platform and login. For users of the interpretation.ai platform, we collect your email, name associated with the email, and user agent data.
Personal Information Automatically Collected. Some information is automatically collected when you visit our Site or use the Platform. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use the Site or Platform, and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain security and operation of the Site and Platform and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
- Log and Usage Data
- Device Data
- Location Data
How will we use your data?
CGI processes your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you or your employer, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To facilitate the login process
- To manage user accounts
- To send administrative or technical information to you.
- To protect our Site and Services
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies and to comply with legal and regulatory requirements or in connection with our contract.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm
- To deliver and facilitate delivery of services to the user
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support to users
Do we share your data?
We may share your data with third-party service providers perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: data analytics services, email delivery, hosting services, user account registration and authentication services, testing tools, cloud computing services, performance monitoring tools, and customer service. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Site, which will enable them to collect data on our behalf about how you interact with our Site. This information may be used to analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, pages, or features, and better understand online activity. We do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
We have contracts in place with each of these third-party service providers, which are designed to help protect your information. This means they cannot do anything with your personal information, including sharing with another party, unless we have instructed them to do so. They also commit to protect the data they hold on our behalf and to retain it for the period we instruct.
How do we store your data?
CGI securely stores your data using AWS and other cloud service providers. Client traffic is stored locally on client machines protected by a firewall and multi-factor authentication. Application logs and application data which contain references to email addresses, are stored on services only accessible within TGS' VPC. Error logs are stored behind two-factor protected sites.
For users of the IAI Platform, we will keep your personal information so long as you are a user of the IAI Platform. If you are no longer a user, references to emails will be converted to a pseudonymized representation, and the client machine containing web traffic logs will be removed. Best efforts will be made to remove error logs containing your email, IP address, and browser user agent will be removed from outside services.
For users of the Site, your automatically collected personal information is limited to browser user agent, IP address, and user email. Under normal operation, the first two of these are stored on a rolling basis on the client machine and is removed within 52 days. Error logs will be stored on error monitoring services until a user removes their account from our platform.
Is your information transferred internationally?
We may transfer, store, and process your information in countries other than your own. Our servicers are located in the United States. If you are accessing our Site or Platform outside the United States, please be aware that your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed by us in our facilities and by those third parties with whom we may share your personal information, in the United States and other countries.
How do we keep your information safe?
CGI works diligently to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures. We have implemented appropriate security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, despite our safeguards and best efforts to secure information, no electronic transmission over the internet or information storage technology can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so we cannot promise or guarantee that an unauthorized third party will not be able to defeat our security and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your information. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Site is at your own risk. You should only access the Site within a secure environment.
CGI does not currently market through information collected from our users. If we change our marketing policies to begin sending information about products and services of ours, we will update this policy and allow you the opportunity to opt in or out before we contact you for marketing purposes.
What are your data protection rights?
Depending on your geographical location and citizenship, you may be entitled to some, all, or none of the following rights:
- The right to access- You have the right to request CGI for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service after the first request.
- The right to rectification- You have the right to request CGI correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request CGI to complete information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure- You have the right to request that CGI erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing- You have the right to request that CGI restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability- You have the right to request that CGI transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- The right to information about entities with which CGI has shared your personal information.
- The right to revoke your consent.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our Site, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality- CGI uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Marketing- CGI uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed, and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. CGI sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website. You can deny these cookies.
- Strictly Necessary- CGI uses these cookies for essential functions for interpretation.ai and its features, such as accessing the platform, logging in, and for security.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and allaboutcookies.org tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, cookies that are strictly necessary cannot be declined.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or you feel that CGI has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
How to contact us